Driving student FAQs

Updated 2/8/20: Do I need to wear a mask during my driving lessons?

From 11.59pm Sunday 2 August 2020, all Victorians 12 years and older will be required to wear a face covering when leaving home.

There are exemptions for, individuals with breathing difficulties, and those who have physical conditions that make it difficult to wear a face covering. For information about face mask suppliers and how to wear a face mask, see here.

See the Department of Health and Human Services website for more information.

Updated 21/7/20: I live near the NSW/Victoria border, can I cross the border for a driving lesson?

From midnight Tuesday 21 July a border zone, clearly defined along the Murray River, will restrict entry to NSW for Victorians to extremely limited purposes. You can check service.nsw.gov.au to determine if your address falls within the newly established border restrictions.

Border zone residents will only be able to cross into the other side of the NSW-Victorian border zone to go to work or attend an education institution if they can’t work or learn from home or to obtain medical care, supplies or health services.

All border zone residents must have a permit issued by Service NSW to cross the border. Permits issued up until the commencement of the border zone will expire at midnight 21 July. You will need to reapply for a new border entry permit. You can apply for a new permit online here.

You should not stay in NSW for longer than reasonably for work, education or to obtain medical care, supplies or health services.

If you live or have travelled in Victoria outside the border zone within the last 14 days, you will not be able to cross the border to attend driving lessons.

For more information on the NSW border restrictions see the NSW government website.