Home > Drivers > Maintain your driver accreditation > Surrender your driver accreditation

Surrender your driver accreditation

When a driver is granted accreditation, it is ongoing and does not have an expiry date. Driver accreditation will remain current unless it is cancelled by us or surrendered by the driver.

If you no longer require driver accreditation, you can surrender this online via the CPVV User Portal.

Follow these steps:

.     1.  Login to the CPVV User Portal. If you don't already have an account, you will need to sign up for one.
2. Select ‘Driver Accreditation’ from the menu.
3. To surrender your driver accreditation, click the ‘Surrender’ button.
4. When the dialog box appears, click the ‘Confirm’ button to proceed with the surrender of your driver accreditation. This action will immediately surrender your driver accreditation.

Once you have surrendered your driver accreditation, it will no longer appear on the Public Register and you will not be able to provide commercial passenger vehicle services. An email notification will be sent to confirm your driver accreditation has been surrendered. You must also:

  • Within 20 business days, return your photo ID card and Multi-Purpose Taxi Program (MPTP) card (if you have these) to CPVV
  • If you can’t return any other these items because they have been lost, stolen or destroyed, please let us know by email: driver@cpv.vic.gov.au
  • Notify your booking service provider or vehicle owner that you no longer hold driver accreditation

Note that it is an offence under the Commercial Passenger Vehicle Industry Act 2017 to provide commercial passenger vehicle services without an active driver accreditation.

For more information on how to use the CPVV User Portal, please refer to our CPVV User Portal FAQs guide.

If you wish to begin driving commercial passenger vehicle services after your accreditation has been surrendered, you will need to visit our web page Applying for Driver Accreditation to submit a new application including undertaking a new medical assessment and satisfying all other application requirements.

Further information

To surrender either your commercial passenger vehicle registration or Booking Service Provider registration, visit:

Surrender your commercial passenger vehicle registration

Surrender your Booking Service Provider registration