Home > Passengers > Insurance and commercial passenger vehicle services

Insurance and commercial passenger vehicle services

There are a few things commercial passenger vehicle (CPV) passengers need to know in case of any injury, or having personal items lost, stolen or damaged during a CPV trip.

Am I insured for personal injury when travelling in a CPV?

Yes, you are always covered for personal injury through the Transport Accident Commission (TAC). Information about making claims through the TAC can be found on the TAC website.

Are my possessions covered for damage, loss or theft when I travel in a CPV?

Property coverage will depend on the type of insurance your service provider has. If you’re unsure, check with your preferred booking service provider before booking.

How do I make a claim?

Always ask for your receipt as this will include the information about your trip. Contact the relevant booking service provider and let them know you’ve been in an accident. They will advise you what to do next. Booking service provider contact details are available on CPVV’s Public Register.